What kinds of information do we collect?
The information we collect about you depends on how we know you:
- If you take part in a WAOS show or are a Friend of WAOS, we collect your email address so that we may keep in touch with you. If you have a condition that requires WAOS to make reasonable adjustments we collect that information also. If you do not have an email address we collect your postal address so that we may write to you.
- If you buy tickets for WAOS shows then we collect sufficient information to be able to deliver your tickets. We also ask whether you would like to be contacted about future shows and store your response
- If you would like to allow WAOS to claim gift aid tax relief on your subscription or donation payments then we collect your address and postcode.
How do we use your data?
- To keep you safe: WAOS need to know your medical conditions in order make reasonable adjustments to our audition and rehearsal processes, as well as to keep you safe on-stage and in the dressing rooms during show week.
- To claim gift aid tax relief: since WAOS are a charity, we are able to claim gift aid tax relief on some of the money that is paid to us. If you have given us permission to do so, by filling in and returning a Gift Aid Form, we use your name, address & post code to do this
- To let you know about future WAOS activities.
- To deliver your tickets: we use the contact information collected when buying tickets to deliver those tickets to you
- To let you know about future WAOS and WOW! shows: if you have told us that you would like to hear about future WOW! or WAOS shows then we add you to our audience mailing list.
With whom do we share your data?
WAOS take great care of your data and will not share with any one outside of our organisation except where necessary to deliver our services or to comply with the law.
How can you see, change or delete information about you?
WAOS are happy to answer any requests or concerns that you may have about your data.
- You may unsubscribe at any time from one of our mailing lists either by contacting us or by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of the e-mail.
- You can do the following at any time by contacting our Chairman, Stewart Adkins either by phone 01621 891143 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
How do we keep your data safe?
- WAOS are very careful to protect your information.
- WAOS committee and production team members may have e-mail lists of members in their own personal systems or shared through Dropbox during the activity. These are all deleted at the end of the activity
- WAOS members and audience e-mail mailing list data is only accessible to certain WAOS committee members through MailChimp and each of those members has their own username and strong password
- Ticket orders received on paper or by e-mail are shredded or deleted once the ticket order has been processed and contact information copied to the appropriate mailing list (if requested)
- Ticket orders received through Positickets are kept indefinitely but are only accessible to certain WOW! and WAOS committee members, each of whom has their own username and strong password
- The WOW! and WAOS postal mailing list is managed by one committee member and is not shared
- WOW! and WAOS do not collect credit/debit card data. All online ticket purchases are made via recognised third parties such as PayPal, Visa and MasterCard
- Gift Aid forms are retained by one committee member.
How will we notify you about changes to this policy?
WAOS may amend this policy from time to time. We will notify our members mailing list when making any significant changes to this policy and give members the opportunity to review and comment on the revised policy before continuing to use our services. The up-to-date version of this policy will always be available on this web page.